County Championship Division One, Taunton
Somerset 512-9 dec beat Worcestershire 212 & 152 by an innings and 148 runs
Somerset 23pts, Worcestershire 2pts
Somerset thrashed Worcestershire by an innings and 148 runs after Nick Compton scored 155 not out and Abdur Rehman ended with match figures of 14-101.
Best bowling figures of 2012
- 14-101 -
Abdur Rehman. Somerset (v Worcs)
- Monty Panesar Sussex (v Somerset)
- Moeen Ali. Worcs (v Lancashire)
- Robbie Joseph. Leics (v Glamorgan)
- Jonathan Clare. Derbys (v Glamorgan)
- Graham Onions. Durham (v Lancs)
- David Balcombe. Hampshire (v Glos)
- Stuart Meaker. Surrey (v Somerset)
- Andre Adams. Notts (v Lancashire)
- Keith Barker. Warwicks (v Durham)
Match bowling figures from 2012 County Championship games only
Compton, the leading first-class run scorer in English cricket this season with 1,494 runs at an average of 99.60, helped Somerset declare on 512-9.
Relegated Worcestershire were dismissed for 152, despite Alexei Kervezee's 76.
Rehman, who took 9-65 in the first innings, claimed 5-36 in the second innings as Somerset eased to victory.
This was the fifth time in Rehman's career where he had taken at least 10 wickets in a first-class match.
Somerset had begun the day on 451-7 and added a further 61 runs before declaring, although both Alan Richardson (4-100) and Moeen Ali (4-143) ended with four wickets apiece.
The result sees Somerset finish second in Division One of the County Championship, while Worcestershire finish bottom with only one victory from their 16 matches.