LV County Championship Division One, The Rose Bowl
Yorkshire 532 & 40-0 drew with Hampshire 599-3
Hampshire 9pts, Yorkshire 6pts
Carberry's previous highest score was 204, against Warwickshire in 2009
Michael Carberry and Neil McKenzie compiled Hampshire's highest ever partnership and the highest third wicket stand in County Championship history in the draw with Yorkshire.
The pair extended their stand to 523 - the ninth highest in first-class cricket history - before McKenzie fell for a career-best 237.
Carberry, recovered from major illness, scored a career-best 300 not out.
After Hampshire declared on 599-3, Yorkshire were 40-0 at stumps.
For the second day running it was Carberry and McKenzie who took centre stage as they resisted the Yorkshire attack for eight hours and a total of 135 overs.
HIGHEST FIRST-CLASS PARTNERSHIPS
1) 624 - Kumar Sangakarra and Mahela Jayawardene (SL v SA, Colombo 2006)
2) 580 - Aamer Sajjad and Raftullah Mohmand (Sui Southern Gas Corporation v WAPDA, Sheikhupura 2009/10)
3) 577 - Vijay Hazare and Gul Mahomed (Baroda v Holkar, Baroda 1946/47)
4) 576 - Sanath Jayasuriya and Roshan Mahanama (SL v India, Colombo 1997/98)
5) 574 - Frank Worrell and Clyde Walcott (Barbados v Trinidad, Port-of-Spain 1945-46)
6) 561 - Waheed Mirza and Mansoor Akhtar (Karachi Whites v Quetta, Karachi 1976/77)
7) 555 - Percy Holmes and Herbert Sutcliffe (Yorkshire v Essex, Leyton 1932)
8) 554 - Jack Brown and John Tunnicliffe (Yorkshire v Derbyshire, Chesterfield 1898)
9) 523 - Michael Carberry and Neil McKenzie (Hampshire v Yorkshire, Rose Bowl 2011)
10) 520 - Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravindra Jadeja (Saurashtra v Orissa, Rajkot 2008/09)
Carberry's maiden triple hundred came off 427 balls and included 43 fours and two sixes, while McKenzie faced 412 balls, hitting 25 fours and two sixes.
As well as being Hampshire's record partnership for any wicket - overtaking the 411 put together by Robert Poore and Teddy Wynyard against Somerset at Taunton in 1899 - their stand was the highest for the third wicket in the history of the County Championship, beating the unbroken 438 Graeme Hick and Tom Moody shared for Worcestershire against Hampshire at Southampton in 1997.
It was also the third highest for any wicket in the history of the Championship.
At one stage it looked as if they would threaten the all-time best partnership of 555 between Yorkshire's Percy Holmes and Herbert Sutcliffe against Essex at Leyton in 1932, but it finally came to an end when McKenzie lifted left-arm spinner David Wainwright to Gary Ballance at mid-on.
Carberry, who only returned to action last month after being diagnosed with blood clots on his lung in November, said: "This was only my third match back in the team and I cannot believe it has gone so well.
"The pitch was perfect to bat on and Neil and I kept each other going. It has been well documented that I had blood clots on the lung and it has taken nine months out of my life.
"I am lucky just to be playing again so to get 300 exceeded all my expectations."