Hampshire's Simon Jones frustrated by lack of starts
Hampshire fast bowler Simon Jones is frustrated by his lack of first-team action so far this season.
Sunday's rain-hit FL t20 win against Kent, in which Jones bowled only one over, was his first appearance for Hampshire in this year's competition.
"I've found it hard," the former Ashes hero told BBC Radio Solent. "Sometimes you do what's best for the team.
"I want to be playing. T20 is a great format and I feel like I can be of use, so hopefully I've made some impact."
Jones, 32, who has suffered from a long-standing knee injury since helping England win the Ashes in 2005, made eight appearances for Hampshire last season.
This year he has played in one County Championship and five CB40 matches and certainly made an impact on his recall at Tunbridge Wells on Sunday.
In the six balls that he was permitted in a rain-hit five-over contest, he went for only two runs, taking two wickets in the process and was even on a hat-trick after removing Rob Key and Joe Denly in successive balls.
"It's just one of those things," he said. "You have to keep plugging away, keep doing the right things and keep your chin up."
Hampshire have now won all three of their FL t20 matches this season and Jones is hopeful that the confidence engendered will help end the winless six-game run in the County Championship.
"When the four-day stuff comes back round then we'll be a totally different team," he said.
"We've had a hard start. The lads have been wondering what we've done wrong and we haven't been doing anything wrong. It's just the way it works.
"The boys work as hard as any team I've played with. There's a great attitude in the changing rooms. We get along well and all pull together. It's just got to change and it's got to click."