Tatyana McFadden thanks mother after medal
Tatyana McFadden, the Russia-born 11-time United States Paralympic medallist, says that claiming a maiden Winter Paralympic medal in Sochi was the only way of thanking her mother, Nina Polevikova, for saving her life.
McFadden was born with a rare condition with her spine outside of her body and Polevikova was told only in an orphanage could she receive the treatment that she needed to survive.
More from Disability Sport
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Sutton's huge upset
- Watch video The story of The Rumble in the Jungle
- Watch video Table tennis star's costly celebration
- Watch video Robinson 'excited' by Burgess switch
- Watch video Six famous rugby cross-code converts
- Watch video NFL London franchise 'a great thing'