Sunday's breaking transfer window gossip

 

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is rumoured to be resigned to losing Gareth Bale in the summer, with Real Madrid told they can buy the 23-year-old Welsh winger for £55m.

Full story: Sunday Express 

Manchester City are privately discussing how much money they would receive if they sold controversial striker Mario Balotelli, 22, despite public statements to the contrary about his future.

Full story: the Observer 

Crystal Palace have told Manchester United that if they want to sign England winger Wilfried Zaha, 20, they will have to pay £15m including add-ons and allow him to stay with his current side for the rest of the campaign.

Full story: Sunday Mirror 

Liverpool are planning to hijack Galatasaray's move for 28-year-old Netherlands and Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder.

Full story: The People 

Meanwhile, Galatasaray do not have the funds to meet Sneijder's 'astronomical and absurd' transfer fee, according to the vice-president of their Turkish rivals Fenerbahce, Abdullah Kigili.

Full story: Sky Sports 

Atletico Madrid are preparing a cut-price move for their former striker Fernando Torres, 28, who moved to Chelsea from Liverpool for £50m and is contracted until 2016 but could return to Spain, initially on loan for the rest of the season.

Full story: Metro 

Newcastle have had a bid accepted for Marseille striker and QPR target Loic Remy, 26.

Full story: Mail on Sunday 

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp and chief scout Ian Broomfield travelled to France on Saturday night to watch defensive midfielder Yann M'Vila, 22, in action for Rennes against Bordeaux.

Aspas has scored eight goals in 18 La Liga appearances this season

Aspas has scored eight goals in 18 La Liga appearances this season

Full story: Skysports.com 

Rennes manager Frederic Antonetti has strongly hinted that QPR are in the market for controversial France international M'Vila after he said: "The bottom club in England want to sign one of our best players."

Full story: l'Equipe (in French) 

Chelsea have bid £8.3m for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas, 25, but his club are trying to convince him to hold off on making a move until the summer.

Full story: Marca (in Spanish) 

Aston Villa are to refuse to sell £24m club record signing Darren Bent to any of their relegation rivals. The 28-year-old striker has featured in only 10 Premier League games this season due to injury and manager Paul Lambert's preference for fellow centre forward Christian Benteke, 22.

Full story: Sunday Mirror 

England left-back Ashley Cole, 32, wants to stay in the Premier League after his Chelsea contract expires in the summer and will hold talks with Premier League leaders Manchester United.

Full story: The People 

Stoke manager Tony Pulis could be tempted to bring in overseas loan replacements for striker Kenwyne Jones, 28, and winger Jermaine Pennant, 29, if he decides to sell the pair in the current transfer window.

Full story: Stoke Sentinel 

Swansea have been linked with a move for 25-year-old Belgian international winger Roland Lamah, who has 18 months of his contract to run at Osasuna.

Full story: South Wales Evening Post 

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce admits he needs defensive reinforcements following Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Sunderland.

Full story: talkSPORT 

OTHER GOSSIP

Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is thought to prefer a summer move to Manchester City ahead of Manchester United or Chelsea.

Full story: The Sun 

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will chair a secret two-day League Managers' Association seminar which will be attended by Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho and ex-Barcelona boss Guardiola.

Reo-Coker has previously played for Wimbledon, West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton

Reo-Coker has previously played for Wimbledon, West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton

Full story: Mail on Sunday 

Tottenham's new signing Lewis Holtby, the 22-year-old half English half German midfielder who will join them at the end of the season, says he chose Spurs because he believes they can win the Premier League.

Full story: Sunday Mirror 

Arsene Wenger believes former Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas will return to play for the Gunners.

Full story: Sunday Times (subscription required) 

Manchester City plan to open talks with Carlos Tevez, 28, in a bid to prevent the striker walking away from the club for nothing in 18 months' time when his current contract expires.

Full story: Manchester Evening News 

Nigel Reo-Coker, 28, has chosen to leave Ipswich after the Championship side elected to only offer him a new deal until the end of the season.

Full story: Ipswich Star 

Fabio Capello has made a peace deal with the Football Association that will mean he takes part in the organisation's 150th anniversary celebrations on Wednesday, despite his lingering grievances after walking out as England manager last year over the John Terry affair.

Full story: the Observer 

AND FINALLY

Stoke fans were left red-faced after they teased Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez with a P45 poster - only for the Spaniard to then mastermind a 4-0 win over them.

Full story: Metro 

New Wolves manager Dean Saunders has implemented dietary rules on his players, insisting they have no more takeaways or fast food.

Full story: Metro