BBC Sport app now supports larger tablets
BBC Sport has updated its app to support larger tablets - the iPad, Android tablets and Kindle Fire 8.9" devices.
Previously, the app had been optimised for devices up to seven inches, however, based on user feedback, a decision was made to scale up the app to make the most of larger screen sizes.
In our previous update to the app we added live streaming of BBC Radio 5 live and sports extra, meaning UK users can listen to live sport while reading the latest match reports, news and analysis.
Accessed from the main menu within the app, the integrated radio player shows now-and-next information for both stations, with links through to the full schedule. The app already offers streaming of all our live video and on-demand highlights.
To stop or pause the audio, it is simply a case of hitting a button in the menu; there is no need to go back into the player.
BBC Sport app updates
Over recent months, there have been other updates, including making customisation available on all devices. Got a favourite football team or sport? Simply add them to the quick links and they will always be just a click away.
Ahead of a year that includes the Winter Olympics, Commonwealth Games and World Cup, we have also made it easier to access the indexes for these events. 2014 will be full of iconic sporting moments; with the BBC Sport app you can enjoy them all through video, radio and text coverage.
Key features of the app include:
- Home screen displaying the top stories across the world of sport
- Follow all the football live scores, results and news - plus access your club's fixtures for the 2013/14 season
- Customise the app to select your favourite sports and football teams
- Watch major sporting events live or on catch up with on-demand highlights and interviews
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and sports extra
- Sections for Football, Formula 1, Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Tennis, Golf and all the other main sports
- Indexes for UK nations, plus major events
- Daily live text commentaries
- Dedicated pages for every English and Scottish football league club, plus pages for cricket counties, rugby teams and more
- Share stories and results by email and on social networks