BBC Sport app push alerts: Follow the Cricket World Cup
Want to know how England, Scotland or Ireland are getting on at the Cricket World Cup? Keen to find out how the wickets are falling?
With the BBC Sport app you can set push alerts from all the sides taking part in this year's competition, along with updates from football teams right across the English and Scottish leagues and the coming Formula 1 season. On opening the alert you will go straight to the right section to get the latest results and news.
And a scaled-back version is now available for Windows Phone users.
To add the alerts, you might need to install the latest update of the app. Once installed, follow these steps.
- Visit the MyAlerts section of the app from within the menu
- Select the sport - cricket, football or Formula 1
- If you want cricket alerts, select the nation(s) you want updates from. For football, you can select any English and Scottish league sides, along with international sides. To set alerts for the new Formula 1 season, simply set the sessions you would like to receive updates for.
- Wait for the alerts to arrive - hopefully they're good news!
You can of course easily turn alerts off - if, for example, you do not want to know the results of a match you're planning to watch highlights of on Match of the Day.
The app also now fully supports Chromecast, so you can cast any live action of highlights straight to the biggest screen in the house. Been watching while out and about? Simply cast the action to the TV as you get in.
Key features of the app include:
- Push alerts for domestic and international football teams - get line-ups, goals, full-time and more
- Push alerts for Formula 1 - get results for every session in a race weekend
- Push alerts for international cricket sides at the 2015 Cricket World Cup
- Watch live and on-demand video - and cast it to TV through Chromecast
- Home screen displaying the top stories across the world of sport
- Follow all the football live scores, results and news - plus access your club's fixtures for the 2014/15 season
- Customise the app to select your favourite sports and football teams
- Watch major sporting events live or on catch up with on-demand highlights and interviews
- Listen to BBC Radio 5 live and sports extra
- Sections for Football, Formula 1, Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Tennis, Golf and all the other main sports
- Indexes for UK nations, plus major events
- Daily live text commentaries
- Dedicated pages for every English and Scottish football league club, plus pages for cricket counties, rugby teams and more
- Share stories and results by email and on social networks