If you've already tried our
quiz looking back at the year 2012,
see if you can do better with this selection of questions looking ahead to the sporting year of 2013.
Looking ahead to 2013
Where, who, why and when? Look ahead to the sporting year 2013...
1.) European dreams
Wembley will host the Uefa Champions League final in 2013, as it did in 2011. But which was the last British stadium before Wembley to host the event?
- Hampden Park
- Millennium Stadium (Cardiff)
- Old Trafford
- Villa Park
2.) Where's the Cup?
In which country will the Africa Cup of Nations kick off in January?
- South Africa
3.) The car in front is a...
Who will replace Lewis Hamilton at McLaren in 2013, when the British driver moves to Mercedes?
- Max Chilton
- Nico Hulkenberg
- Pastor Maldonado
- Sergio Perez
4.) Ashes fever
Which of these grounds will not stage an Ashes Test in 2013?
- Old Trafford
- The Oval
- Trent Bridge
Where will 2013's Open Championship be played?
- Royal Birkdale
- Royal Troon
- St Andrews (Old Course)
6.) The big kick-off
Who will Wales entertain in the opening game of 2013's Six Nations?
7.) Bronco derby
Which Football League club will stage one of London Broncos' home Super League games in 2013?
- Charlton Athletic
- Dagenham & Redbridge
8.) Vive la France
London has already been announced as the host city for the Paralympic Athletics World Championships in 2017, but in which French city will 2013's event be held?
9.) Tour de... where?
While the 2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire, where will the 2013 event visit for the first time?
10.) Up for the Cup
Against which team will Great Britain begin their 2013 Davis Cup campaign in April?
11.) Touching down at Wembley
Which NFL team have signed to play a regular season game at Wembley for the next four years, starting in 2013?
- Baltimore Ravens
- Carolina Panthers
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
12.) Off, off, off
The weather has threatened a number of sporting fixtures over the New Year, but why was Leyton Orient's match against Hartlepool in August called off?
- A burst water main left the pitch flooded
- An electricity substation fire left the stadium without power
- Hartlepool's team coach was stuck on the M11 for several hours
- The referee failed to arrive as he thought it was an evening kick-off
- Old Trafford hosted in 2003, Hampden Park in 2002, while neither of the others have yet hosted it.
- South Africa hosts the event for the first time since 1996.
- Perez moves to McLaren after spending two seasons with Sauber.
- Edgbaston does not host a Test in 2013's Ashes, with the five Tests at Trent Bridge, Lord's, Old Trafford, Chester-le-Street and The Oval.
- Muirfield will stage the Open for the first time since Ernie Els won there in 2002.
- Ireland visit Cardiff on 2 February, with England v Scotland later that afternoon and Italy v France the following day.
- Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium will host the Broncos' "home" game against Warrington in June, after nearly 4,000 watched them play Hull there last season.
- Lyon will be the first French hosts since Lille in 2002.
- Corsica is currently the only French metropolitan department not to have hosted a stage of the Tour, but that will change for the 100th event in 2013.
- Russia will be the opposition, with the other three sides also in Europe/Africa Zone Group One with GB.
- The Jaguars' first "home" game at Wembley will be against San Francisco 49ers on 27 October 2013.
- An accident on the M11 left the visitors' coach stranded and forced the referee to postpone the game.
0 - 4 : Summer pudding
5 - 8 : Hope springs eternal
9 - 12 : Winter warmer