Pick out the good proofreading tips activity.
For more information on how to open PDF files, read the BBC Webwise guide to Adobe Reader.
Quick tips for tutors
- Rs/E1.1; Rs/E2.4; Ww/E1.1; Ww/E1.2; Ws/E1.2; Ws/E1.3; Ws/E2.3; Ws/E2.4
- Working in groups, pairs or individually, learners will identify which of the options are good proofreading tips.
- Learners can tick or cross the good and bad tips. If the cards are cut out, this could also be used as a sorting activity or role play.
- Discuss which tips learners find most useful. They could rank the cards.
- Do learners have any other tips they use that haven’t been suggested on the sheet? To extend the activity, work with learners to make more cards based on the findings of a discussion with individual learners or as a group.