First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
A gram is the weight of a cubic centimetre of water. A litre of water weighs a kilo.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Discussion of appropriate units of weight and measuring equipment.
- How to read scales and the importance of setting to zero.
- Standard and non-standard units of weight.
- Estimating weights of everyday items.
- Converting between units of weight.
- Activities to practise understanding weight.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland.