First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Water freezes at 0 degrees Celsius and boils at 100 degrees. Your blood is usually 37°C.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Information about reading and comparing temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Strategies for identifying, reading and comparing thermometers used for different purposes, with different scales.
- Strategies and practice in reading scales to the nearest labeled and unlabelled division.
- Strategies and practice in reading positive and negative temperatures.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland.