Rounding and estimating
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Rounding a number makes it easier to work with. Estimate, or ‘best guess’ unknown amounts.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Rounding and estimating includes:
- Information about rounding and estimating - what, why, when and how
- Strategies for rounding up and down
- Key vocabulary used when describing the process of rounding and estimating
- Practical examples of rounding and estimating in every day contexts
- Activities to practise rounding and estimating
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.