Ratio and proportion
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
The ratio between two numbers is how many times one is bigger than the other.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Ratio and proportion includes:
- The meaning of proportion and ratio.
- Identifying situations involving proportional amounts.
- Solving proportion problems.
- Identifying equivalent ratios.
- Dividing amounts in a given ratio.
- Linking ratio and fractions.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.