First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Problem solving strategies help you know what to do when you're stuck.
Try these activities
Quick tips for tutors
Problem solving includes:
- Guidance on problem-solving strategy.
- Solving problems with one, two or three stages of calculations.
- Solving problems that involve using different operations.
- Solving problems in a range of contexts.
- Estimating answers to calculations.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland.