First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Most words add 's' for the plural. Some change like 'loaf' to 'loaves'. Some don't, like 'sheep'.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- What 'singular' and 'plural' mean.
- How to make plurals by adding 's' and 'es'.
- Other rules for making plurals.
- Plurals of everyday words.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.