Planning your writing
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Simple planning skills can greatly improve your writing.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Planning your writing includes:
- Taking account of purpose and audience.
- The benefits of planning.
- Planning strategies linked to writing purposes.
- Using planning techniques to help structure writing.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland.