First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Perimeter is the distance around the edge of a shape.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Introduction to perimeter of shapes - what is perimeter and how to work it out
- Key vocabulary used to describe dimensions of a shape
- Practical examples of different methods for finding perimeters of shapes
- Activities to practise finding perimeter of some common shapes
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.