First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Per cent just means per hundred. So for money 1% is 1p in the pound. 50% is 50p in the pound.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Information about commonly used percentages, links to fractions and different methods of calculating
- Strategies for recognising, reading, writing and calculating simple percentages
- Key vocabulary used to describe percentages
- Strategies for calculating percentages, increases and decreases of quantities and measurements in different contexts
- Strategies for calculating percentages using calculators
- Percentage practice activities
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.