First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Some numbers stand for amounts, like prices. Others don’t, like phone numbers.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Number symbols include:
- Writing numbers in words and figures (digits)
- Using place value to read numbers written in figures
- Using place value to place numbers (in figures) in order
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.