First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Multiplying is just adding the same amount a number of times.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Explanation of multiplication as a method for repeated addition.
- Multiplication methods, including shortcuts for multiplying by 10, 100 and 1,000.
- Worked examples of multiplication in everyday settings.
- Activities to practise multiplication methods and shortcuts.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.