First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Money is based on the decimal system. £0.01 is 1p.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Conventions for reading, writing and expressing money amounts.
- Strategies for writing money in words and decimal notation.
- Step-by-step description of the processes of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing money.
- Money calculation practice activities in real life situations.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.