First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Rhymes and silly phrases can help remember spellings. Like 'Rhythm Helps Your Two Hips Move'.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Memory Aids includes:
- Common strategies to support spelling.
- Using mnemonics.
- Look, say, cover, write, check.
- Recognising syllables.
- Common groups of letters in English words.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.