Maps and plans
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Use and make accurate scale drawings of rooms or places.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Maps and plans includes:
- Understanding different types of maps, diagrams and plans.
- The different scale and labels on maps and plans.
- Learning how to draw a plan and how to arrange items on a plan.
- Calculating the distance between points on a map using scale.
- Understanding how measurements are represented in a plan of a room.
- Calculating distance measurements represented in maps and room plans.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.