Length and distance
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
A centimetre is about the width of your finger. A metre is about a long pace.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Length and distance includes
· Information about units of measure for length and distance, including metric and imperial units
· Strategies and choice of units for measuring small and longer lengths
· Key words used to describe dimensions
· Practical examples of using scales to measure distances
· Activities to practise length and distance measuring
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.