Imperial and metric
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
The older imperial units like feet, pints, ounces and miles are still used alongside metric.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Imperial and metric includes:
- Imperial and metric measures commonly used in the UK.
- Activities that identify the units used for everyday measurements.
- Conversion factors within imperial units.
- Conversion factors between imperial and metric units.
- Activities to practise conversions.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.