First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Handwriting is still very useful away from computers. It also adds a personal touch.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- The importance of legibility.
- Strategies for improving handwriting.
- Using handwriting within a spelling programme.
- Analysing your handwriting.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland.