First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
A half, a third or a quarter are parts, or fractions, of an amount.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Information about commonly used fractions.
- Strategies for recognising, reading, writing and calculating fractions.
- Key vocabulary used to describe fractions and parts of a whole.
- A fraction wall to aid comparison of fractions.
- Fractions practice activities.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.