First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Use formulas to work out an unknown amount from known ones. Like a turkey cooking time from its weight.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Matching word problems with calculations.
- Finding missing numbers in calculations.
- Recognising formulas.
- Solving simple number problems.
- Using a formula to find a value.
- Evaluating simple formulas.
- Changing word problems into symbols and numbers.
- Continuing number patterns and sequences.
- Recognising terms and expressions.
- Writing formulas in words.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.