Business and entrepreneur
First time here? Watch this two-minute video, then choose a level.
English and maths skills useful in business and entrepreneur jobs.
Games and videos
- Video Two-minute video with transcript
- Video Small business pitch - Man Meat Fire
- Video Small business pitch - Autokeyz
- Video Small business pitch - The Gourmet
- Video Small business pitch - Bitch Online
- Video Small business pitch - 18 and over icecream
- Video Small business pitch - Flywings
- Entry 1 & 2 quiz
- Entry 3 quiz
- Level 1 quiz
- Job skills games
Quick tips for tutors
These resources cover some of the literacy and numeracy skills that may be needed to work in business and as an entrepreneur. They also signpost to further websites to find more information about this vocational area. All the resources can be cross-referenced to the national adult literacy or numeracy curriculum and will also be relevant for learners on Functional Skills courses.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.