Editing and proofreading
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Proofread your writing to spot and correct any mistakes. Edit it to improve it.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Editing and proofreading includes:
- The different stages of writing.
- The place of editing in the writing process.
- The process of editing.
- Strategies for proofreading.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland.