First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
The digit to the right of the point represents tenth parts. So 1.2 is one and two tenths.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- The use of decimal place value and digits
- Decimals in different contexts
- How zero is used as a place holder and it’s importance
- Writing decimals in word and digit form
- Comparing the size of decimals
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing with decimals
- Approximations and rounding with decimals
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.