Comparing fractions and %
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
50% is a half. 25% is a quarter. 1% is a hundredth.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Comparing fractions and percentages includes:
- Explanation of the equivalent relationship between fractions, decimals and percentage.
- Related key vocabulary.
- Process of converting between fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Practical examples of using conversion to solve problems in everyday contexts.
- Activities to practise comparing fractions, decimals and fractions.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.