First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
A millilitre is the volume of one cubic centimetre. A thousand millilitres is a litre.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- The meaning of capacity and volume.
- Discussion of appropriate units of capacity.
- How to read scales and some common errors in reading scales.
- Methods to work out the volume of a range of shapes.
- Standard and non-standard units of capacity.
- Activities to practise understanding of capacity and volume.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.