Building up paragraphs
First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Build up sentences into paragraphs to write letters, reports, stories.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
Building up paragraphs includes:
- The purpose of paragraphs.
- Using headings.
- Using topic sentences.
- Linking paragraphs in a text.
- Strategies for developing writing in paragraphs.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.