First time here? Watch this one-minute video, then choose a level.
Adjectives describe things, people or places, like 'stripy', 'soft' or 'warm'.
Games and videos
Quick tips for tutors
- Recognising adjectives in a sentence or text.
- The function of adjectives in a sentence.
- The position of adjectives in a sentence.
What do the levels mean?
Skillswise uses the levels of the National Qualifications Framework, which start at Entry 1, 2 and 3 and then go on to Level 1 and Level 2.
- Entry 3 covers the basic concepts and is a good preparation for starting a Level 1 course.
- Level 1 is roughly equivalent to a GCSE D-G grade in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and a Foundation level at Standard Grade in Scotland. A useful qualification for many jobs.