Finding the noun
Understanding the role of nouns and how they are used in a text.
For more information on how to open PDF files, read the BBC Webwise guide to Adobe Reader.
Quick tips for tutors
Factsheet: Finding the noun
- Ws/L1.1 Write in complete sentences
- The role of the noun as a person; a place, an idea; a concept
- The role of nouns as subjects and objects
- Regular and irregular plurals of nouns
- The use of nouns after prepositions
- The formation of abstract nouns using such suffixes as 'tion', 'ance', 'ility', 'ment'