Summarising a written text
How to summarise a written text.
For more information on how to open PDF files, read the BBC Webwise guide to Adobe Reader.
Quick tips for tutors
Factsheet: Summarising a written text
- Rt/L1.1 Trace and understand the main events of continuous descriptive, explanatory and persuasive texts
- Understanding the meaning of the text
- Using a dictionary
- Using headings and sub headings
- Always reading and checking your draft
- Writing a summary in sentence format using correct grammar and punctuation