Rules for ‘My Top Ten’ Competition
- If you tick the checkbox entitled 'Would you like to enter the
prize draw?' at the bottom of the entry form to submit your selection
and your selection matches the final result of the Britain's Best
Sitcom vote you will be entered into the prize draw. The first
10 winners selected at random will each win 10 DVDs - one from
each of the top 10 sitcoms. The DVDs will be [Region 2] and there
will be no guarantee as to particular DVDs.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. Overseas entrants are not
- If you are under the age of 12 you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian
before you enter this competition.
- You must provide the BBC with the following details if you choose
to enter the competition: your top ten selections as set out in
the table above, your name, and your e-mail address. The BBC will
only use these personal details for the purposes of administering
this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to
anyone without your permission. If you would like to know more
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Only email entries used within 'My Top Ten Sitcom' competition section of
the Britain's Best Sitcom website will be accepted.
- The deadline for receiving entries for the competition will be at 5.30pm
on 20th March 2003. The winners will be announced on this site on 29th March 2003.
- The BBC's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only the winners will be contacted personally by email.
- Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no
- The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due
to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants must supply full details as required above, and comply with all
rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible
entries or entries made fraudulently.
- This competition is not open to employees or contractors of the BBC or
any person directly or indirectly involved in the BBC or running of the competition,
or their direct family members.
- The BBC reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if
it deems necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and
the BBC reserves the right to either offer the prize to the entrant whose name
is next drawn at random, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition on
the BBC website.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be
bound by them when entering this competition.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- This competition is administered by the BBC.