CBBC Interactive Tour
Book now(by clicking this link you are
now leaving the BBC website)
Kids aged 6 to 11 years will love the CBBC Interactive Tour at MediaCityUK!
MediaCityUK is the home of CBBC. It's where many favourite CBBC programmes are made, such as Blue Peter and Newsround.
You can have a go at being a CBBC presenter or find out how it feels to present the news and weather.
And as well as all the interactivity, you’ll discover what goes on behind the scenes! There are lots of opportunities for photos so don't forget your camera!
This interactive fun lasts about an hour and a half, and all children must have an adult with them on the tour.
Our MediaCityUK Tours are extremely popular and capacity is limited – our website shows correct and up-to-date availability.
Tours of the BBC at MediaCityUK
Take a tour of the BBC's home in the North of England at MediaCityUK, where a host of BBC channels and programmes are based, including favourites such as Match Of The Day, Blue Peter, Dragons' Den, BBC Breakfast, Radio 5 Live and the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Read frequently asked questions (FAQs) about booking BBC Tours and visiting the BBC at MediaCityUK
- Information about group bookings for the BBC at MediaCityUK (PDF:304KB]
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise
- Tours take place at various times at the weekends and during the school holidays.
- We're sorry, but we can't admit children under the age of 6 on the CBBC Interactive Tour. This is because the tour content is not appropriate for children of this age.
- Adult £10.00
- Concession £9.00
- Student £8.50
- Children (between 9 and 15 years) £6.50
Sorry, this tour is not appropriate for children under 6
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children) £29.00
- Blue Peter Badge holders: only available to badge holders aged 16 and under (with a badge and badge winner's card) when accompanied by a full paying adult – free by calling our group booking and access requirements line.
- Group rates are available
To book tickets
- For individual and group bookings of fewer than 15 people, please book online using the 'Book now' button above (if you have any access needs, please call our booking line – details below).
- For group bookings of more than 15 people and bookings for visitors with access needs, please call our group bookings and access requirements line on 0370 901 1227* (+44 1732 42 7770 from outside the UK; textphone for hearing-impaired callers 0370 903 0304*) so that we can discuss any specific requirements.
Please note it is not possible to make a booking for fewer than 15 people over the phone unless you have access requirements – please book online.
*Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecoms provider's call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher. Calls may be recorded for training.
- You can pay by cheque or with a credit or debit card including Visa, Mastercard or Visa Debit.
- Driving – Salford Quays is less than 4 miles from Manchester City Centre, 12 miles from Manchester Airport and a short distance from the M60. The SatNav postcode for MediaCityUK is: M50 2EQ.
- Driving – from Manchester City Centre: there are various ways to get to Salford Quays from the City Centre. The main approach is to get on to the Mancunian Way (A57); continue along to Regent Road (A57); take the first turning at the large roundabout on to Trafford Road (A5063) and then the first right turning on to Broadway; MediaCityUK is just past the Pie Factory.
- Driving – from the North: take Junction 12 off the M60 for the M602; follow signs for the Quays; once in Salford Quays, follow the signs to Broadway; MediaCityUK is just past the Pie Factory.
- Driving – from the South: take Junction 7 of the M60 for the A56; take the A5063 off the A56 and follow signs to Salford Quays; once in Salford Quays, follow signs to Broadway; MediaCityUK is just past the Pie Factory.
- Train – the nearest mainline train stations are in the centre of Manchester. Please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website to look at train routes (www.tfgm.com).
- Tram – the MediaCityUK stop is situated in the heart of the Piazza in front of the BBC buildings. Please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website which has details on all Metrolink routes (www.tfgm.com).
- Bus – please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website, which has details on bus, train and Metrolink routes (www.tfgm.com).