BBC Tour at MediaCityUK
Book now (by clicking this link you are now
leaving the BBC website)
Join us on a tour of the BBC at MediaCityUK and walk in the footsteps of some of your favourite celebrities.
The BBC's home in the North of England is one of the most ambitious projects in the BBC's history. We've thrown open our doors, so you can take a peek behind the scenes. We are home to a whole host of BBC channels and programmes including favourites such as Match Of The Day, Blue Peter, Dragons' Den, BBC Breakfast, Radio 5 Live and the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, to name just a few.
Our well-informed tour guides will entertain and surprise you as you walk in the footsteps of your favourite stars. They will make sure that you see the most interesting areas available on the day of your visit, as well as giving you a fascinating insight into how TV and radio work.
You will also have the chance to take part in your own television production in our interactive studio.
Our MediaCityUK Tours are extremely popular and capacity is limited – our website shows correct and up-to-date availability.
The tour will last approximately 1.5 hours.
Please remember that the BBC buildings at MediaCityUK are working buildings, so no two tours are the same, but they will always be informative, interesting and fun.
CBBC Interactive Tour
Children aged between 6 years and 11 years will love the CBBC Interactive Tour at MediaCityUK.
- Go to CBBC Interactive Tour page.
- Read frequently asked questions (FAQs) about booking BBC Tours and visiting BBC the BBC at MediaCityUK
- Information about group bookings for the BBC at MediaCityUK (PDF:304KB]
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise
- Pre-booking is essential.
- Tours take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10.30, 12.30 and 15.00; and on
Saturdays and Sundays.
- Open to anyone aged 9 years and over when accompanied by an adult.
- Adult £9.00
- Concession £8.25
- Student £7.75
- Children (between 9 and 15 years) £6.00
Sorry, this tour is not appropriate for children under 6
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children) £26.50
- Blue Peter Badge holders: only available to badge holders aged 16 and under (with a badge and badge winner's card) when accompanied by a full paying adult – free by calling our group booking and access requirements line.
- Group rates are available
To book tickets
Book now (by clicking this link you are now leaving the BBC website)
- For individual and group bookings of fewer than 15 people, please book online using the 'Book now' button (above).
- For group bookings of more than 15 people and bookings for wheelchair users, or people who have any other disability-related needs, please call our group bookings and access requirements line on 0370 901 1227* (+44 1732 42 7770 from outside the UK; textphone for hearing-impaired callers 03700 100 212*) so that we can discuss any specific requirements. Please note it is not possible to make a booking for fewer than 15 people over the phone – please book online.
*Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecoms provider's call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher. Calls may be recorded for training.
- You can pay by cheque or with a credit or debit card including Visa, Mastercard or Visa Debit.
Read travel information for visiting MediaCityUK [PDF: 241KB]
- Driving – Salford Quays is less than 4 miles from Manchester City Centre, 12 miles from Manchester Airport and a short distance from the M60. The SatNav postcode for MediaCityUK is: M50 2EQ.
- Driving – from Manchester City Centre:
there are various ways to get to Salford Quays from the City Centre. The main approach is to get on to the Mancunian Way (A57); continue along to Regent Road (A57); take the first turning at the large roundabout on to Trafford Road
(A5063) and then the first right turning on to Broadway; MediaCityUK is just past the Pie Factory.
- Driving – from the North:
take Junction 12 off the M60 for the M602; follow signs for the Quays; once in Salford Quays, follow the signs to Broadway; MediaCityUK is just past the Pie Factory.
- Driving – from the South: take Junction 7 of the M60 for the A56; take the A5063 off the A56 and follow signs to Salford Quays; once in Salford Quays, follow signs to Broadway; MediaCityUK is just past the Pie Factory.
- Train – the nearest mainline train stations are in the centre of Manchester. Please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website to look at train routes (www.tfgm.com).
- Tram – the MediaCityUK stop is situated in the heart of the Piazza in front of the BBC buildings. Please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website which has details on all Metrolink routes (www.tfgm.com).
- Bus – please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website, which has details on bus, train and Metrolink routes (www.tfgm.com).