BBC Scotland - River City
Dumbarton G82 2QW
Website: River City
Tours of the River City set only run in the summer months and are now fully booked for 2014.
As we work around production we will not be announcing dates for the 2015 River City tours until spring next year when the show's summer filming schedule is confirmed.
In the meantime please sign up to our mailing list to receive an alert when next summer's tours are announced.
Getting to River City
- BBC Scotland, Dumbarton Studios, Studio Drive, Dumbarton, G82 2QW (please note this postcode will not take you to the new site entrance using satellite navigation)
Map of directions to River City [2071KB]
- Free parking is available
- 10-minute walk from railway station
By car: driving directions from Glasgow
- Head out on Great Western Road A82 following signs for Loch Lomond/Dumbarton – do not follow the first sign to Dumbarton Town Centre
- You will eventually come to Barloan Roundabout. Take the second exit (straight on) at Barloan Roundabout to continue along the A82
- You will then come to another roundabout, Lomond Gate
- Take the first exit, it will look as though you are entering a housing estate
- Take the first turn on your right and go straight throughthe mini roundabout
- You should see the BBC entrance (has security gatehouse and barrier) straight ahead of you
- Follow directional signage on site which will take you to car park
By car: driving directions from Glasgow (via Erskine Bridge)
- Head out on the M8 towards Erskine Bridge
- Go over the bridge and take cut off for Crianlarich (A82)
- Follow this road – do not follow the first sign to Dumbarton Town Centre, instead follow the signs for Loch Lomond
- You will eventually come to the Barloan Roundabout.
(follow directions as in details above)
Please note: If you are driving you are advised to check if there area any roadworks taking place on your route, particularly if you are to be using the Erskine Bridge.
By train: walking directions from Dumbarton Central Station
- Come off the train – head towards the main exit of station. Go down slope and turn right before the main exit – go down steps and then turn right at bottom of steps
- Walk to end of the road and turn left at Shell Petrol Station on to Townend Road
- Cross Poplar Road and continue to walk up Townend Road past the park
- Where the road slopes up slightly, at the corner of the park, take a left on to Park Crescent, keeping the park on your left hand side
- Walk to the end of Park Crescent
- Turn right at the end of the park, onto Overburn Avenue, you will see the pedestrian access to River City further up on the left hand side
- Make your way to the security gatehouse at the entrance to the site. Security will advise you from here how you should access the River City Production offices.