BBC East and BBC Radio Norfolk
Norwich NR2 1BH
Website: BBC Norfolk
Book now (by clicking this link you are now
leaving the BBC website)
BBC Norwich is the BBC regional TV and Radio broadcasting centre for the East of England.
This is a fantastic chance to gain access to the rarely seen world behind the scenes of the famous TV and radio programmes produced and broadcast from BBC Norwich at The Forum.
The tour includes a visit to the Look East TV studio and production gallery. BBC Radio Norfolk will be broadcasting live as you wander through the studios and the tour concludes with the chance of your very own hands-on interactive studio experience.
We will give you a real insight into a regional TV and Radio broadcasting centre operation. Please remember though that BBC Norwich is a working building and occasionally, we have to slightly restructure the content of the tour, depending on studio activity. No two tours are the same – but they will always be informative, interesting and fun.
Tours last up to an hour and a quarter and involve a moderate amount of walking.
- Read frequently asked questions (FAQs) about booking BBC Tours and visiting BBC Norwich
- Pre-booking is essential
- Open to anyone aged 7 years and over; visitors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours take place on the last Sunday in the month and are open to bookings from individuals and groups. We also offer an evening tour on the first Wednesday of the month, specifically for group bookings
- Each tour takes a maximum of 15 people. A group tour booked for under-16s must have at least two accompanying adults
- Photos are permitted in the studios as advised by your tour guide
- Video cameras are not permitted on the tours
- Adult £8.00
- Concession £7.25
- Student £6.50
- Child (between 7 and 15 years) £6.15
Sorry, this tour is not appropriate for children under 7
- School child £5.25
- Teacher £6.25
- Blue Peter Badge holders: only available to badge holders aged 16 and under (with a badge and badge winner's card) when accompanied by a full paying adult – free by calling our group booking and access requirements line.
We're sorry, but we can't admit children under the age of 7 on the Norwich tour. This is because the tour content is not appropriate for children of this age.
To book tickets
Book now (by clicking this link you are now leaving the BBC website)
- For individual and group bookings of fewer than 15 people, please book online using the 'Book now' button (above).
- For group bookings of more than 15 people and bookings for wheelchair users, or people who have any other disability-related needs, please call our group bookings and access requirements line on 0370 901 1227* (+44 1732 42 7770 from outside the UK; textphone for hearing-impaired callers 03700 100 212*) so that we can discuss any specific requirements. Please note it is not possible to make a booking for fewer than 15 people over the phone – please book online.
*Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecoms provider's call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher. Calls may be recorded for training.
- You can pay by cheque or with a credit or debit card including Visa, Mastercard or Visa Debit.
- BBC Norwich is located in The Forum in the very centre of the city on Millennium Plain between Bethel Street and Theatre Street. We are alongside Norwich City Hall and opposite the Church of St Peter Mancroft.
- Driving – The Forum and City Centre are well signposted on all major routes into the city.
- Bus – The bus station on Surrey Street is 10 minutes' walk from The Forum and there are also bus-stops outside The Forum on Theatre Street.
- Train – Norwich Rail Station is approximately 20 minutes walk from The Forum and is also well served by taxis and buses. Trains to and from London run hourly on Sundays and services from Cambridge and the Midlands run regularly into Norwich.
- For more information about parking and travel please visit www.traveline.info or www.visitnorwich.co.uk/getting-here.
Tours of BBC Norwich cover a fair distance. If you are a wheelchair user or have any other disability related needs, please see call our booking line on 0370 901 1227 (+44 1732 42 7770 from outside the UK); textphone for hearing-impaired callers 03700 100 212.
- Wheelchair access
- Lifts available
- Adapted toilets
- Accessible telephone
- Assistance dogs are welcome