Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4NS
Website: BBC Tyne and BBC Wear
Book now (by clicking this link you are now
leaving the BBC website)
Known affectionately as 'the Pink Palace', BBC Newcastle's Broadcasting Centre is home to Look North, Inside Out, Sunday Politics and Late Kickoff, as well as BBC Radio Newcastle.
We are inviting you to take an exclusive look into a BBC newsroom and see our famous studios. Come on a tour and see how we create and manage: autocue, weather reports, editing and sound effects. You could witness a live radio broadcast, sit in the presenter's chair and learn how songs are chosen for radio.
Visitors will learn how television and radio programmes are made and have the chance to visit our interactive studio where you can have a go at presenting the news or weather and star in your very own radio drama, complete with sound effects!
Please remember that BBC Newcastle is a working building so no two tours are the same, but they will always be informative, interesting and fun.
Tours take approximately one hour and 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing.
The tour is not ideal for children under 7 years old – though they will be welcomed.
- Read further information about visiting BBC Newcastle [PDF: 30KB]
- Read frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BBC Tours [PDF: 213KB]
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise.
- Tours take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Each tour takes a maximum of 15 people
- The number of tours available is limited because of the nature of the building, but we welcome all groups and organisations
- Adult £8.00
- Concession £7.25
- Student £6.50
- Child (under 16 years) £6.15
- School child £5.25
- Teacher £6.25
- Blue Peter Badge holders: only available to badge holders aged 16 and under (with a badge and badge winner's card) when accompanied by a full paying adult – free
To book tickets
Book now (by clicking this link you are now leaving the BBC website)
For bookings for wheelchair users, or people who have any other disability-related needs, please call our booking line so that we can discuss any specific requirements.
- By phone: 0370 901 1227*
- By phone from outside the UK, call: +44 1732 42 7770
- By textphone for hearing-impaired callers: 03700 100 212*
*Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecoms provider's call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher. Calls may be recorded for training.
- You can pay by cheque or with a credit or debit card including Visa, Mastercard or Visa Debit.