is it designed ?
glossary of terms
The contents of this section of the shared area relate only to the themes, subject
and content of the television and on-line sites released to date. This section
will expand as other programmes and sites are developed.
The following safety rules do not constitute a definitive 'must
do' solution to providing a safe working environment. However, the ideas included
are drawn from many sources and many years of experience. Therefore what follows
is a sound basis from which to development rules and conditions that you feel
best suits your school.
N.B. The more rules you have the more there are to police.
Better have a few good rules kept then many that are broken. Many people believe
it is best to develop rules with the children, rather than impose a set upon
- Loose clothes and hair can be dangerous - tie it up, tuck
it in and be checked out.
- Protect those clothes and you - wear an apron or work-shirt.
- When moving about. Never run - always walk.
- Mark out together, cut alone - when working with materials.
- Hold materials behind the cutting tool.
- Don't cut yourself - cut the material. Never cut towards yourself.
- Wash and go - always wash and dry your hands after a work session.
- Help not hinder - each other and the teacher.
Back to top