|Enquiry 8: Activity
- Read the extracts from James
Did soldiers such as Brady return to a land fit for heroes?
Support your answer with specific references to the source.
- Read the Outcomes of the War: Britain
Does this support or challenge your answer to question 1.
Explain your answer.
|Read the Outcomes of the War:
Europe and Interpretation: Treaty of
- What were the aims of the following countries at Versailles:
- Why did the leaders of Britain, France and the United States find it
difficult to agree on what to do?
- Why was Germany treated so harshly?
|How would people in Germany have responded to the
Produce the front page of a German newspaper in 1919 on the day
that the terms of the Treaty of Versailles are announced.
|Why does the Treaty of Versailles matter so much?
Read the Outcomes of the War:
Europe article and carry out some extra research about what happened in
the 15 years after the Treaty of Versailles.
Explain how the Treaty of
- changed the balance of power in Europe
weakened the Weimar Republic in Germany and helped Hitler get into