Percentages lesson plan
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to access this file. BBC Webwise has a complete guide to downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Pupils calculate fractional or percentage parts of quantities.
- AT2 level 5
- Worksheet on Percentages
- Pens, pencils and rulers
- Homework sheet
- Teacher-prepared homework sheet
- Dividing by 10 and 100.
- Multiplying by 2, 3 and 4.
- Lots of quick fire questions.
- Hand out the worksheet. Explain the meaning of 1% of something.
- Pupils work through the first exercise. Bring the class back together and ask lots of quick fire questions on 1%.
- Pupils work through the second part of the sheet. Bring the class back together for lots of quick fire questions on
- Pupils complete the third part of the sheet Bring the class together for the plenary.
- Fractional and percentage increases using only multiplicative methods.
- Race game:
Two pupils stand facing away from the board.
A question is written on the board behind them.
On the command of "Go!" they turn around and race to finish the question.
The winner faces a new challenger.
- A pre-prepared sheet with lots of questions on percentages of amounts.