You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to access this file. BBC Webwise has a complete guide to downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat reader.
All students will be able to structure a review. Most will be able to express their own views. Some will show evidence of critical thinking.
- En2: 4b
- En3: 1l, 1m, 1n, 2a, 4c, 9d
- OHP of mid-length review
Show students OHP of review and ask them to describe the layout (headlines, paragraph lengths, font etc).
- Ask students specific questions about a film they have recently watched, or a production they have been to. Encourage them to think critically and to articulate their ideas as specifically as possible. Encourage other members of the class to offer alternative views.
- Students use the worksheet to prepare to write a review.
- Students write up their review.
Choose an adjective or two from the review you showed them at the beginning of the lesson. Ask students to jot down as many synonyms for these words as they can think of. Hear the winning team's words. If appropriate, these words could comprise a spelling test.
- Students word-process their review for a display.
- Students learn spellings of synonyms.