Hands on History: High Street History
Turn back time on your high street
Step back in time and discover what life used to be like on your local high street.
These resources have been designed to complement the BBC One series about High Street history called Turn Back Time broadcast in 2010, although the learning activities can be used as stand-alone activities incorporated into your normal history programme of study.
- Turn Back Time: Teacher's notes & activities
The teacher's notes include curriculum links and classroom activities.
- Turn Back Time: Classroom resource pack
A selection of classroom activities looking at different types of shop, historical shopping lists and shop fronts throughout history.
More to explore
Links in the BBC
- Hands on History: Turn Back Time
- Hands on History: A day in the life of a 10-year-old evacuee
- Primary History: Victorian Britain
- Primary History: World War 2
- BBC History: Evacuees in World War Two
Links outside the BBC
- Open University - High Street History