Printable activities instructions
ACTIVITY 1 - Technology
Use your glove puppets to greet each other and to ask and say how you are.
- Cut around the outside dotted line (découpe = cut).
- Fold in half (plie = fold).
- Stick the sides together, but not the bottom (colle = stick).
ACTIVITY 2 - Game
The winner is the first person to use up all their dominos.
- Cut out the dominos and find a partner to play with.
- Give out 7 each and keep the rest in a pile, face down.
- Taking turns, place your dominos end to end, matching the correct number of dots to the correct words. If you can't play, miss a go and take one from the pile.
ACTIVITY 3 - Game
Cut out the cards on Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 and play Matching Pairs or Snap!
- Cut out all the cards from both pages and find a partner to play with.
- Shuffle the cards together and spread them out face down on the table.
- Take it in turns to try to turn over matching pairs.
- Turn over two cards. If you have a matching pair you must then say who the character is: 'Je m'appelle…' Keep the pair of matching cards and have another turn. The winner is the person with the most pairs.
ACTIVITY 4 - Activity sheet
- Photocopy each page 2 or 3 times to make more cards.
- Deal out half the cards to each player.
- Play 'Snap!' with a partner.
- When a character card and a name card match, the first person to shout 'Snap!' must then say who the character is: 'Je m'appelle...'. The winner is the person who collects all the cards.
How many ET-balls are there? Children put a ring round the correct answer and colour them in, too, if they wish.
ACTIVITY 5 - Game
ACTIVITY 6 - Activity sheet
- Print two copies and cut out the cards. Play with a partner.
- Take it in turns to be the 'teller' or the 'guesser'.
- The 'teller' holds a card so that the 'guesser' cannot see it and describes what is on the card. The 'teller' can say truthfully what is on the card (underlined) or tell a lie, by choosing one of the other items from the list.
- The 'guesser' must say if they think it is true or false by placing in front of them the vrai or faux card.
- The 'teller' then shows his/her card. If the 'guesser' has guessed correctly they get to keep the object card and become the 'teller' for the next turn.
Who are these characters? How old are they? Children fill in the blank spaces using the supporting language.
ACTIVITY 7 - Activity sheet
Children fill in the blanks to write numbers between 14 and 20. Then join up each kite to the correct character.
ACTIVITY 8 - Activity sheet
What nationality are these characters from the website? Where do they live? Children link the pictures to the text. Then they can write about themselves in the blank spaces. (Don't forget: are they male or female?)
ACTIVITY 9 - Activity sheet
First find the number key, then the right letter - the first, second, third or fourth. Children fill in the gaps to discover the hidden text message. As an extension activity they can make up their own hidden messages to 'send' to a friend.
ACTIVITY 10 - Game
- Print out Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. Find 2 or 3 other people to play with.
- Cut along all the dotted lines. Appoint one child to keep the Answers card in a safe place.
- Spin the hexagon. Move your character-counter on the number of places displayed.
- If you land on a square with a question on it, choose the correct answer from the Selection card. Check the Answers card. If you're correct, have another go.