About the website
The Primary French website provides a means of teaching the spoken language with accurate pronunciation and intonation, and shows how the spoken word relates to the written word. It provides progression and continuity, as the consolidation activities build on language already learnt.
Children can be referred to the website as a resource. The sections have been carefully structured, with the necessary supporting reinforcement, to allow children to progress through them at their own rate.
HTML users have access to still cartoon frames with audio (using Real Player) to match the pictures; they also have access to the En France photo-story section and all printable material. Taken together these should give satisfactory provision for language reinforcement.
- The new language is presented as an animated cartoon story with audio. The language can then be repeated, this time with text.
- Reinforcement is provided with a karaoke-style repetition song: children should be encouraged to fill in the gaps by singing the language.
- The En France section provides examples of the language used in real life. Scripts can be printed off and used as the basis for role-plays.
- The Interactive Game is an enjoyable way to further reinforce the language.
- Printable activities can be used at school or at home to consolidate the language and introduce writing skills.
Children may re-hear items as often as they wish throughout most of the activities. The text is provided as support.
All these sections taken together provide ample reinforcement for the language that has been presented, in a way that fully supports the children. Children can also be encouraged to use the website for independent learning.