Activity Overview |
Lesson Plans |
The Little Animals site covers speaking, listening, reading, numeracy and science skills.
(EN1) Speaking and listening breadth of study
(En2) Reading strategies, phonemic awareness and phonic knowledge
- (9c) Listening, recordings.
- (1a) hear, identify, segment and blend phonemes in words
(Ma2) Number and algebra
Using and applying number
- (1e) Pupils should be taught to: use the correct language, symbols and vocabulary associated with number and data.
- (3a) understand addition and use related vocabulary; recognise that addition can be done in any order; understand subtraction as both 'take away' and 'difference' and use the related vocabulary; recognise that subtraction is the inverse of addition; give the subtraction corresponding to an addition and vice versa; use the symbol '=' to represent equality; solve simple missing number problems [for example, 6 = 2 + ].
(Sc3) Materials and their properties
- (2b) Pupils should be taught to: explore and describe the way some everyday materials [for example, water, chocolate, bread, clay] change when they are heated or cooled.